Protein balls. They split taste buds, I think! Some people swear by them and some people won’t touch them but I feel like these are *the* protein balls that will change protein ball haters minds. They’re so yummy, chocolatey and chewy and they pack a serious protein punch with around 9g of protein.
The recipe for these bad boys is as follows:
- 135g pitted dates
- 85g dark chocolate
- 60g coconut flour
- 50g dried berries (I used cranberries in this batch)
- 100ml milk (I used skimmed milk but you can use soya, almond, anything!)
- 100g chocolate protein powder
- Blitz your chocolate, berries, dates and milk in a smoothie maker or food processor.
- Combine your flour and protein powder in a large mixing bowl
- Mix them all together!
- Squish into a dish, I used an IKEA Pyrex lasagne dish…
- Pop them into the fridge for an hour or two so they’re less sticky
- Roll equal quantities into balls and store in airtight containers in the fridge.
- Eat within a week!
Macronutrients: Makes 12
I’ve used this beautiful Chocolate & Love 71% Rich Dark Chocolate and I also snacked on the amazing Chocolate Orange bar after I took these photos, don’t tell anyone! This is fairtrade, organic and has won a Great Taste award, their flavours are beautiful and I think it really makes a difference to include some high-quality chocolate in healthy baking. This chocolate makes these protein balls taste so rich and yummy, I love them and you can pick them up in Sainsbury’s.